Client:McCarthy and Stone (Developments) Ltd
Located on the edge of Melksham town centre, the site originally accommodated a double fronted stone-built residence dating from 1928.
The site is located in close proximity to the Melksham Conservation Area and a number of Grade II listed buildings. A sensitive design approach was necessary to achieve the client’s business case which required 31 age exclusive units and associated parking.
The design won favour with local residents at the public consultation and was supported by the planning officer and local authority urban designer during the consent process. The scheme achieved a first time planning approval with the decision made at committee level. Williams Lester have produced the Technical Design information and the scheme is currently under construction.